Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

FaeryLights

Hi, everyone!  💗

Lately I've been making a lot of chainmaille jewelry, which I really love.  It's precise, sleek, and meditative and also beautiful, intricate, and versatile.  But after so much time working ring-by-ring, I was ready for festive, vibrant color...and glass.

FaeryLights can be purchased here.

Pati Walton, one of my favorite glass designers, made all the lampwork glass beads in these brightly beautiful earrings.  And, oh, the COLORS--fuchsia, yellow, orange, blue, purple, and green "painted" in ribbons across Pati's glass head pins and added as bubbles on the little lampwork beads.  Even the  little Czech glass rondelles and Swarovski crystal bicones I added to the mix are rich and vibrant. 


I love the way the light filters through the colored glass and crystal, turning the beads into their own kind of light. 




Color is nourishment for our creative hearts, I think.  And I'm so glad I made these little FaeryLights at this magical time of year.

Thank you so much for reading!  I wish you all a wonderful (and heart-nourishing) New Year, and I'll see you all again in 2018!

xoxo
Meridy


21 comments:

  1. Oh these are so yummy Meridy. Indeed so vibrant and colorful. Love these. Wishing you and yours all the best for 2018: Good health, happiness, joy, creativity, laughter and chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm, chocolate cake! 💗 Thank you so much, Janine, for all your warm and wonderful wishes!

      Delete
  2. Meridy your sense of color is second to none! I often see pieces in your work that I likely would not have purchased, and I can’t imagine why when I see what you’ve done! These earrings are sparkly, gorgeous, year-round beauty for the ears, and the soul. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so very much, Norbel! Lots of love right back to you! xoxo 💗

      Delete
  3. I adore these! Are they for sale by any chance???? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Karen--actually, I just listed them in my shop this morning. I just added the link to them in a caption underneath the first photo in this post. xoxo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what a treat for these NE Ohio, grey- and ice-white sore eyes! So much joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Sister Karen! I know what you mean! There's nothing like a lot of color to brighten things up! You guys have been fighting the good fight with the snow lately too--yikes! Here's hoping for some blue skies for you soon! 💗

      Delete
  6. I am loving the colors in these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chelle! The colors are almost intoxicating, aren't they? 💗

      Delete
  7. Just the thing to brighten up these dark days Meridy - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lindsay--just what I was thinking! 💗

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue! I'm glad you like them. 💗

      Delete
  9. Lovely earrings Meridy! They do remind me of faery lights twinkling in the dark. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Jetta! Happy New Year to you too--I hope 2018 is full of love and joy for you and yours! 💗

    ReplyDelete