Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Peacock Feather Earrings

There's a peacock that lives a short distance from us.  Sometimes I see him at the side of the road, strutting his stuff.  I don't know if he belongs to someone and sometimes gets out of the yard, or if he was someone's pet that got away and lives in the woods now.  In either case, these earrings are dedicated to Mr. Roadside Peacock!

The beautiful copper peacock feathers were made by Earrings Everyday member, Kristi Bowman.  I topped the feathers with gorgeous lampwork glass beads and little ceramic cubes.  The finishing touch is a bit of teal silk, knotted between the lampwork and the peacock feathers.

I purposely paired the copper with shades of blue, green and teal, the stunning colors of peacock feathers.  You can find the Peacock Feather Earrings in my shop.



Green peacock from South east Asia

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings Linda! I love copper & aqua/teal too. A great- classic pairing. How cool that you have a peacock nearby! I love bird-watching! I think seeing birds are a good omen. - or a blessing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely earrings - definitely bringing the peacock vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful elements and - of course - beautiful earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum!!!! Love the beads you chose for the Peacock color and I always love a touch of Sari Silk. Beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these new peacock feather shields! Love the rich color and the playful iridescence. Wonderful. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cool to have a peacock living nearby like this! Love the color combo and design!

    ReplyDelete