Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Color Infusion

Color Infused Agate Earrings

If the "spirit of the season" is eluding you, maybe some color will give your mood a boost? When I am wishing I had more energy, and I am just not into it, bright colors are my natural antidepressant. My earrings this week are made with colorful hammer faceted sky blue and lime green agate stones from Beads of Cambay, combined with faceted orange carnelian and copper accents. The oxidized copper wire wrap extends down the back of the stones for reinforcement, because the small holes in the stones will only allow for 24 gauge wire. My ear wires are hand formed from heavier oxidized copper wire, continuing the rustic character of the design.

Agnes Land "Turmalin" 2008


Whether or not you are a fan of abstract painting, you cannot argue that the colors in this piece are uplifting and motivating. Much as I adore earth tones, sometimes I just need to break away and infuse some vivid colors into my work and this is the perfect inspiration for me.





Gloria Ewing

Chrysalis Too on Etsy
Chrysalis Tribal Jewelry

5 comments:

  1. I adore this combination of colors and each one is so saturated they are gorgeous earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue and the green together, and the yummy tangerine just makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors work so well! Love this combination! Very vibrant- but not overwhelming! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous saturated colors. Wonderful inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love this color combo! Beautiful earrings!! They make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete